Thursday, December 3, 2009

My favorite recipe using left over ham

Cheese Grits with ham is a family favorite in my home. I thought that I would share it with your family as well. I hope you enjoy this recipe.


Ingredients:
3 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup quick-cooking grits
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup diced ham
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
2 eggs, separated
dash of Tabasco sauce

Preparation:
Butter a deep 1 1/2-quart casserole and preheat oven to 375°.
In a medium saucepan, bring water and to a boil; stir in grits. Cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in the cheese, ham, green onion, egg yolks, and Tabasco sauce.

In a bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into the grits mixture. Pour mixture into prepared casserole and bake for about 30 minutes, or until puffed up and golden brown. Serve immediately.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Yum! I can't wait to try this!

clallen said...

Shelley thank you for visiting my blog!

Katie, Kevin and kids said...

Thank you for submitting a yummy looking recipe to the ham challenge. I will have to give it a try!