I like to think that I am a frugal fashionista and I would love to share my tips with you!
1. Shop out of season. I like to get the deepest discounts on in style clothes by shopping at the end of the season. You will still find many good items for a fraction of the cost.
2. Shop outlet stores. You will find great clothes that are still in style there. These are usually discontinued items but they are still a first in quality.
3. Coupons - When I plan a shopping trip, I will always go online to the stores website and check for discounts or coupons.
4. Email newsletters - Sign up for the email newsletters for your favorite retailers. They usually email their customers a coupon and they will let you know of sales in advance.
5. Store credit cards - I am not a fan of credit cards but many retail stores offer their credit card holders extra discounts. This is worth looking into especially if you have favorite shops that you go to often.
6. Buy a new top or jacket to go with an older pair of jeans or slacks. This will update your look with out costing a bundle.
7. Shop at resale or consignment stores. A lot of times people will change sizes in clothes and donate or consign their still in style clothing simply because it doesn't fit them anymore.
8. Back to School no tax days are a great time to shop for fashionable clothes. Many stores offer discounts during this time and a lot of states offer a no tax weekend!
9. Store flyers - Pick up a store flyer when you enter the doors. This will alert you of any sales and sometimes they will have an additional coupon in the flyer.
10. Mix and Match. Buy a pair of nice black or navy pants and buy 3 or 4 tops to go with them. You will look like you have several new outfits and no one will know the difference.
Gap Outlet is offering summer dress and cardigans for $15 and up to 40% off other select items from May 7-24, 2010! Also, Gap Outlet is offering an exclusive coupon code to the TwitterMoms community for an additional 15% discount on all purchases, with a minimum spend of $75. This exclusive additional discount is available to all TwitterMoms friends and family from May 11-May 24th, 2010!
Banana Republic Factory Store's "It's All About Her Sale" offers savings of up to 50% off all women's clothes from April 30th through May 19th! In addition, Banana Republic Factory Store is offering an exclusive coupon code to the TwitterMoms community for an additional 15% discount on all purchases, with a minimum spend of $75. This exclusive additional discount is available to all TwitterMoms friends and family from May 11 through May 24, 2010, so hurry to your closest location today.
Get your coupons today at http://gap.twittermoms.com .
Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Gap Outlet blogging program to be eligible to win a $20 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.