Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Veggie Critter Snack Recipe

TwitterMoms and the makers of Hidden Valley Salad Dressings have invited me to participate in a fun recipe blogging contest! You can read more about that invitation here.

My mission was to recreate the Veggie Critter Snack Recipe and to make it my own.

The original recipes is made of 1 packet of Hidden Valley The Original Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix and 2 8 oz. tubs reduced fat cream cheese. To put my personal spin on this recipe, I added 2 tablespoons of bacon bits and a dash of garlic salt. I really liked the texture of our mix and the kids enjoyed the taste.



Although making our dip was fun, we had the most fun creating our Veggie Critters! We used zucchini, carrots, peas and fresh grean beans to create turtles and fish. I was amazed when my daughter begged "momma, can I eat it now, please." I honestly believe that I have found a fun new way to serve veggies in our home.



We also played with our veggies a while longer and created orange trees with our zucchini and carrots. I think that this is a fun way to encourage our children to explore new foods. If the children see and feel the foods then they are more out to eat them.

Disclosure: This post is part of a blogging contest from the TwitterMoms community. There is a chance this post could be selected to win a $25 AmEx Gift Card, so wish me luck! For more details, you can view the contest page here.

2 comments:

Deb ~ tnshadylady said...

What a cute idea!! Gives new meaning to "playing with your food". :)

shannon717717 said...

I love it! Nice creation,,good idea to get the kids to eat veggies in a fun way.Thanks