Friday, August 27, 2010

5 simple things you can do to keep your child's smiles healthy and bright

Trident and TwitterMoms have teamed up to bring us another new blogging program. They have asked that I share five simple things I can do for my children to keep their smiles healthy and bright. You can read more about that request here.

I have 2 children, a 10 year old and a 6 year old. I try to keep their smiles bright and healthy by:

1. brushing: I make sure that they brush their teeth twice a day. They brush after breakfast and before bed.

2. flossing: I have been told that even younger children can floss their teeth even if there is space between them. This teaches good habits that will stay with them.

3. nutrition: I try to limit sugary drinks and I encourage them to eat fresh fruits and vegetables.

4. sugar free gum: I will let my children chew sugar free gum when they ask for candy.

5. rinsing: I often have my children rinse their mouth with water after we dine out. This helps to flush away the extra food that is trapped in their mouth and it reinfources healthy mouth habits.

How do you ensure that your children have a bright and healthy smile?

Disclosure: “I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Trident blogging program, making me eligible to get a $25 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments: