Friday, October 29, 2010

10 Great Uses for Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

I am a member of Twittermoms and they have teamed up with Vaseline Petroleum Jelly and asked me to share 10 of my favorite uses of Vaseline with you! You may read more about that request here.

I am a mom. I am a pretty crafty mom if I say so myself! I am also a frugal and money smart mom. I like to use products that work well and that don't break the bank at the same time. I have found that Vaseline is one of those products that I can trust and afford. I like to use Vaseline for many things and I will share 10 of my top uses for it with you.

1. Skin Protectant. I have psoriasis and I like to use vaseline to seal in my skins moisture. I use it daily by applying a thin layer of vaseline to my dry spots after I get out of the shower. The Vaseline helps to seal in the moisture and it helps to ease flaking of the skin.

2. Prevent Chapped Lips. I like to apply Vaseline to my lips so that they are protected and not so dry. Vaseline is easy to use and it leaves a nice shine to my lips as well. I like a lot of shine on my lips and I don't need lip color so this works out nicely for me.

3. Pretty Hands! I like to rub Vaseline on my cuticles several times a day. This gives me softer and better looking cuticles. A damaged cuticle is painful. Vaseline applications help to ensure that my cuticles stay healthy and pain free.

4. Pretty Feet! I like to put a coat of vaseline on my feet at night. You apply a thin layer of Vaseline to your feet, cover them with socks and wake up to softer feet. I like to wear socks in the winter and the softer feet is an added bonus!

5. Pretty knees and elbows! Rub a small amount of Vaseline on your knees and elbows to prevent that dry, ashy look. This is a quick and inexpensive way to keep your knees and elbows presentable! A girl has to look good you know!

6. Bath Scrub. You can make a nice and inexpensive bath scrub right at home by mixing sea salts with Vaseline. You can get the spa feeling in the comfort of your own home for very little out of pocket.

7. Make remover. Vaseline makes a great eye make up remover. It only takes a little bit to get that mascara right off and that is a plus for when you are in a hurry and tired at night.

8. Vaseline is also great for helping to remove a ring that is stuck on your finger. Take just a little dab and work it under your ring. Your ring will become slippery and with a little work, it will come off painlessly.

9. Scalp conditioner. Do you have dry scalp? If so, then use a little bit of Vaseline on your scalp before you shampoo. Take a small amount and rub it on your dry scalp. Let it sit while you wash your body and then shampoo it out.

10. Shine your shoes or purses! Do you need to put a little shine on your purse or shoes for a special night out? If so, take a bit of Vaseline and work it into your purse or shoes and you will get immediate, shiny results!

Overall there are many great uses for Vaseline! I like to buy the big container of Vaseline and use it for many different things. How do you like to use Vaseline?

Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Vaseline blogging program, making me eligible to get a $25 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments: