Tuesday, November 16, 2010

10 tips for stylish layering techniques for all occasions

I am a member of twittermoms and they have teamed up with Cuddl Duds and asked me to write about my top 10 tips for stylish layering techniques for all occasions. I do like to dress in layers and thought that this would be a fun topic to blog about.

The seasons are changing and it is time to start thinking about warmer clothes. The shorts and tanks have been put up and the long pants and long sleeves have been brought out. I am pretty thrifty and I like to make the most out of my wardrobe. I tend to reuse items that I have accumulated over the years and I will buy a new piece or two each season. I like to combine the new pieces with older pieces to create a nice look. I accomplish this by layering!

My top 10 tips for stylish layering techniques for all occasions are:

1. Choose a lightweight material for the under layer. This layer needs to be lightweight and thin so that it doesn't warm you too much.

2. Choose color! It's fun to layer with colors. I like to add a little surprise color with my under layer just in case someone accidently sees it!

3. Lace edges! I love to wear a lace edged camisole under my sweaters or V neck shirts. It adds a little bit of mystery and romance to my outfit.

4. Dress it up! It's fun to dress up your outer layer with a nice jacket. I usually do buy a new jacket during the fall and I use it all season long.

5. Make sure all of your layers look good alone. You never know when you may get too hot and want to start removing the layers one by one. You don't want your next to the top layer to have a stain on it. That could be embarrassing.

6. Carry and extra layer with you. You never know when the weather may turn a little bit chilly and you wished you had an extra layer. Plus, even if you don't need the extra layer a friend may wished they had one and you could loan it to them.

7. Leggings! You might want to add a pair of leggings under your pants. It does get super cold and these will keep you nice and toasty. Plus a pair of slacks look better with leggings underneath. They help keep everything nice and smooth and in place!

8. Your under layer needs to be able to breathe. You want something that will allow air to circulate and to not be trapped against your skin.

9. Have fun with your layers! Layers allow us to add character to our outfit. They can help us to appear more professional or even more flirty. The choice is yours!

10. Own your style! This part is up to you. If you feel good, then you will look good. A persons outlook and expressions truly do make an outfit work.

Check out Cuddl Duds if you are in need of any layering clothing. Cuddl Duds designs and manufactures high quality intimate apparel. They are the leading warm underwear maker in America. Cuddl Duds has become synonymous with comfort and “feeling good.” Cuddl Duds is a wholly owned subsidiary of Komar.

Do you have any tips for stylish layering techniques for all occasions? If so, I would love to hear them. I am always up for some fashion advice!

Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Cuddl Duds blogging program, making me eligible to get a $40 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments: