Thursday, November 11, 2010

10 Tips to Make Life Easier

I am a twittermom and they have teamed up with Oral-B Glide and asked me to write about 10 tips that help make life easier.

I am an at home mom of 2 school aged children. Life can be a little hectic at times and I do what can to make it a little easier on all of us.

My top 10 tips for making life easier are:

1. Slow down. Enjoy the small stuff. Try not to stress every minute of the day.

2. Plan ahead. I like to plan ahead so that I am prepared for the next step.

3. Get a routine. Our family runs well when we are on a time schedule. I find that if everyone knows what the day will bring then they tend to accept it more.

4. Plan a meal menu a week in advance. I like to plan our meals a week in advance. I try to do this when it's quiet and I can really think about nutrition, cost and cooking time. I make sure that my families needs are taken care of.

5. Make a grocery shopping list. I like to keep a list on the fridge and when I run out of something I jot it down on the list. I also make out my grocery list after I have made out our weekly menu. This saves me time at the store and I usually don't forget anything.

6. Use a calendar. Write down your important dates and appointments on your calendar. I keep my calendar by my desk so that it is always handy and I know where I put it.

7. Stay organized. My life is easier when I can find things that I need. I have a spot for mail, a spot for shoes and coats and an important spot for my keys. This is important so that bills get paid on time and so that we can all be out the door quickly in the morning.

8. Easy lunch planning. I make sure to cook enough food at night so that my husband and 2 children can have leftovers the next day. This makes packing a lunch a no brainer and it saves money at the same time.

9. Schedule your household chores. Chores are a part of life and they must be done. To help make my life easier, I have set aside a day of the week for laundry, a day for floors and a day for bathrooms.

10. My last tip is to help your children learn how to help themself. Your life will be a lot easier once your children get into a routine of helping you. I have put a laundry basket in each of my children's room and this helps them to remember where to put their dirty clothes and it helps me by not having to pick up after them constantly.

This post is being prompted by Oral-B. Oral-B is kicking off their “Glide Into the Holidays” program which benefits Operation Smile. Operation Smile is an international children's charity that provides free surgeries for children with cleft lips and cleft palates. Oral-B will donate $1 for everyone who uses the hashtag #Switch2Glide by tweeting or posting on Oral-B’s Facebook wall to support Operation Smile's mission to heal children's smiles and make the world a better place. Did you know that every three minutes, a child is born with a cleft? Many of these children can not eat properly, speak, or smile. Let's do our part by tweeting with #Switch2Glide and posting on Oral-B's Facebook wall. Every $1 donated helps.

Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Oral-B blogging contest, making me eligible to get full-sized Oral-B Glide products and a $30 Target gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments: