Tuesday, November 23, 2010

5 Tips For Editing and Creating Beautiful Digital Photo Projects

I am a member of twittermoms and they have teamed up with Adobe Photoshop Elements this holiday season for this unique blogging opportunity. I love to give and receive photo gifts and I always try to make them as beautiful as possible. I have been using digital photo tools for a few years now and I have come up with some helpful tips that I would like to share with you.

My top 5 tips for editing and creating beautiful digital photo projects would be:

1. Take your time. A photo project is done the best when you are alone, quiet and have plenty of time to get the picture just right. A picture is worth 1000 words so choose your photo and edit it carefully.

2. Red eye! Make sure that the people in the picture don't have red eyes. There is a simple digital photo editing tool that takes the red out automatically. A picture is not completely ruined just because of a little red. It is very easy to take care of.

3. Crop Crop Crop! I love to crop my pictures. I use this tool especially when I have a group photo and I only want a few people in it for my picture project. Cropping also works great if the surroundings in the picture aren't just picture perfect. You can show a clean and clipped background with the cropping tool!

4. Zoom Zoom Zoom!! I like to use the zoom feature when I edit my digital photos. This will ensure that you get a close up of the person or thing that you want to showcase on your project. I like to zoom in so that my picture doesn't have a lot of wasted background space.

5. Organization: I like to organize my digital photos by the dates that they were taken. This will help me later when I use them for making my scrapbooks or other projects. I like to arrange my photo albums by date order so this makes that step super quick!



I am giving my mom the photo project above as a Christmas gift this year. I used my top 5 tips for editing and creating this beautiful digital photo project. I took my time to create this picture project. I made sure to take the red out of our eyes. I even cropped the background and zoomed in on the people in the photo. I think that this digital photo project will be enjoyed for many years to come. Pictures are worth 1000 words and they help preserve memories too. A little photo editing sure does help it along the way!

I like making digital picture projects and enjoy finding new ways to edit my pictures. Do you have any editing and creating tips for me? I would love to hear them!

Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Adobe blogging program, making me eligible to receive a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments: