Thursday, November 18, 2010

Comfort and Joy

I am a member of Twittermoms and they have joined with Kleenex and asked me to write a post about what brings comfort and joy to my life and how I share that with others. I have accepted this task and I would love to tell you a little bit about me.

I am a stay at home mom of 2 school aged children. My son is 10 and my daughter is 6. I enjoy seeing that they are taken care of not only physically but emotionally also. I receive comfort by knowing that they are comfortable. I enjoy seeing them grow and learn. I also enjoy learing from them daily. Kids are a true blessing and I am so fortunate that I am able to enjoy mine.

I am an active member of our school's pto program. I am the boxtop coordinator for our entire elementary and intermediate school. Just last Friday I single handedly cut 3450 box tops for our school. It took me 8 hours to cut, count and sort the box tops but I was able to help our school earn $345.00 with my time. I take comfort in knowing that my services help to provide a fun environment for our students. I am fortunate that I am able to help with our school picture day, accelerated reading stores, pictures with Santa and the box top program. It is comforting to me, to know that my small efforts can effect so many children positively. I am the mom who can be there to help support the class room parties and field trips. I am the mom who the kids all know as "Mrs. Allen or Jesse and Marissa's mom". That is comforting to me!

I also like to think that I am a caring individual. I enjoy listening to others and seeing them through their daily dilemas. I try to make time for my friends and family because they always do the same for me. Wether it's a phone call or an unexpected visit, I try to sit down and really listen to them. Just today, my friend Denise came over and I helped her with choosing her medical benefits for this upcomming year. I did ask her to read my blog post about this same topic before she visited me though! It felt good to be able to give her my opinion on the most affordable and usable plan for her and her family.

Last but not least: I take comfort in writing. I started this blog for giveaways and freebies but it has become so much more than that. I enjoy taking the time out for writing about topics that hit home with me. It is comforting to know that my written words may help or inspire someone else.

If you would like to send a free pack of Kleenex tissue to someone special you may do so at the Softness Worth Sharing web site.

Disclosure: “I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Kleenex blogging program, making me eligible to get a $40 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments: