Thursday, November 18, 2010

My 10 tips for being trendy on a day-to-day basis

Sears Kenmore has teamed up with TwitterMoms and asked me to share my top 10 tips for weaving the seasons latest runway trends into my original day-to-day style. Whew that is a mouth full and that is a challenge that I am willing to take on!

I like to think that I am thrify and yet still trendy at the same time. I like to dress in day-to-day comfort but I also like to look trendy while doing so. I have found a few ways to be trendy and yet remain thrifty at the same time. I will share some of those tips with you.

My 10 tips for being trendy on a day-to-day basis are below:

1. Know what's hot! To see what the latest trends are, I like to browse fashion magazines. I like to see what colors are in and I like to know what type of jeans are in style for the upcomming season.

2. Know what's not hot! This is a must! You definately need to know what not to wear. Enough said about that one!

3. Trendy outwear makes a statement: I like to buy a nice and trendy jacket that I will wear all season long. I feel that a trendy jacket makes a statement about who I am. I also feel that a jacket is an investment that will pay for itself. It is something that can be worn daily and it doesn't need a lot of laundering. This is an item that I will choose after looking at fashion magazines. I will pick a style and color that is trendy and flattering for me and then I will seek it out while shopping.

4. Trendy shoes will take you far! I like to invest in a nice pair of in style shoes. Shoes are another item that you will get a lot of miles out of. I don't mind paying a price for an item that I will use and enjoy all season long. Depending on trends, I like to choose a solid color like brown or black for shoes. They will match most of my day-to-day outfits nicely.

5. Shop in my own closet: Once I have seen what trends and colors are in, I will take a peek into my own closet and see what I have there. If I find something that is a good color and a good style then I will pull it to the front of my closet. If it's not something that I will wear day-to-day then I will leave it at the back of the closet for weekend clothes.

6. Purses Purses Purses! This topic says it all. A nice and trendy purse is a must have for any girl! A good purse will look good and last you a long time too. Purses are worth updating! You use it on a daily basis and you want it to look good.

7. Shop sales: I like to shop sales racks. I find that a lot of items will be trendy for a few years in a row. You can almost always find nice pants on clearnace and you can rock them out with your trendy shoes, jacket and purse!

8. Comfort: I like to dress comfortably. I try on all of my new purchases before I leave the store with them. I want my clothes to fit good and to look trendy at the same time. How can I smile if I don't feel good because my clothes are too tight?

9. Mix and match: I like to mix and match some of my older clothes with new purchases. I find that this is a fun way to be trendy, comfortable and thrifty at the same time.

10. Own your look: If you feel good, then you will look good. If you are comfortable with your style and you own your look, it will show on the outside.

Sears Kenmore has teamed up with TwitterMoms and asked me to bring this post to my readers.

You may enter the Kenmore Runway to Washer Sweepstakes if you would like. Sears Kenmore is celebrating the Kenmore Elite Top-Load High Efficiency Washer/Dryer which custom-blends six different wash motions to ensure the right cleaning and care for your favorite clothes. The grand prize includes a Kenmore washer and dryer, a year’s supply of Tide®, and a trip for two to NYC with seats at Thakoon’s show where you’ll meet the designer, and receive items from his collection.


Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Kenmore blogging program, making me eligible to get a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

1 comment:

shannon717717 said...

I have to agree with the own your look tip!! thats so true,if you feel like you look good in what your wearing others will also!

good tips