Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My 5 Helpful Tips For Holiday Tech Shopping

I am a member of twittermoms and they have teamed up with Staples and asked me to post my top 5 helpful tips for holiday tech shopping. You may read more about that request here.

I have a family who seems to live for technology. We all like to use the telephone, television, computer, wii, itouch, dvd player, etc. Let's face it, how would we be able to pass a day with out using some sort of technology? Technology is everywhere so we might as well embrace it!

It seems that eveyone on my holiday shopping list has some sort of techno-gadget that they are wishing for. My daughter wants the new XBox 360 with Kinect, my husband wants a new cell phone and my son has a new lap top on his wish list. So, What's a mom to do? Shop, of course!

To help me with my holiday techno-gadget shopping, I have come up with a list of 5 helpful tips for holiday tech shopping. I would like to share those with you if you are interested.

1. Know the exact name and model of the techno-gadget that your recipient would like. This is very important. There are so many different versions of the ithis and psthat. You would hate to disappoint the gift receiver by getting the model wrong.

2. Comparison shop. When shopping for techno-gadgets, it is very important to shop around for the best price. When you stay with in your budget, you will be happy and you can still please the gift recipient at the same time. I like to shop online when I am comparison shopping. I may make my final purchase at a brick and mortar store, but I like to do a price research online. This saves me time and gas, plus miles on my car.

3. Warranty: Check to see if your new technology item will come with a warranty. Sometimes you can even buy an extended warranty for the higher priced items. I like to ensure that my gift will keep on giving for a long time. Especially when I invest several dollars into it. No one wants the disappointment of a broken techno-gadget just days after they received it.

4. Gift Receipt: Be sure and get a gift receipt when buying electronic technology products. The gift recipient will be able to return the item to the store with out any hassle as long as they have a receipt. A gift receipt is sort of an insurance, just in case the recipient no longer wants the item or in case they receive two of the same. A gift receipt also lets you keep the amount that you paid for the item secret.

5. Put your wishes on your wish list too! While you are out shopping for others, be sure and put your wants on your list too. You might just be surprised and find something that you would like on sale.

Did you know that Staples is a great place to shop for your favorite techno-gadget gifts this holiday season? Staples even carries the Kindle in-store. They even have a cool interactive display where you can try it out and see if you like it before you buy it!

My last tip is to remember the reason for the season. Enjoy your friends and family during this special time of the year. Technology may make this world go around but love will keep us together.

Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Staples blogging program, making me eligible for a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments: