Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Ideal U.S. Family Great Getaway Idea

I am a member of SocialMoms and they have teamed up with Alamo to introduce a fun, new blogging program that asks me to share my ideal, U.S. family “great getaway.”

I love family getaways. Our family tries to take at least one week long getaway a year together. Our trips have ranged from a week at the inlaw's time share that is only a few hours away to drives to Branson, Missouri. We just got back Sunday from a week long family cruise to Montego Bay, Jamaica; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, and Cozumel, Mexico. This last getaway was a bit long for the kids. We are sticking to land getaways for the next few years now.

If I could take my family of 4 anywhere in the wonderful ol U.S.A. I would take them to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida! To me, Walt Disney World says fabulous family fun vacation all over it! There is so much to see and do at Walt Disney World. You can ride the fabulous rides or enjoy the wonderful foods. There are so many choices to make when planning a Walt Disney World getaway!

My kids are now 11 and 6. My husband and I took our children to Walt Disney World three years ago. My daughter was only 4 and she says that she doesn't remember this vacation. I would love to be able to plan it all over again so that she will have memories of the best vacation ever.

I love that Walt Disney World is a land of make believe for both the young and old. To me, Disney is timeless. I am 39 and have always had some sort of Disney in my life. We can all relate to the themes and characters regardless of our ages. Dumbo, Peter Pan, Cinderella, Mickey Mouse, It's A Small World... they all bring back memories for me and still give me joy.

Walt Disney World allows us to escape the daily grind of everyday life. While you are there you can let go and be a kid again while you enjoy your own kids or even grandkids. There are several different parks for you to visit while on your vacation. You can choose from Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. On our trip, we planned it for 9 nights. We didn't want to miss a thing so we made sure to visit each park twice. We stayed at an extended stay hotel that had a wonderful hot breakfast every morning. We would start our day with a good meal and end it with a dip in their pool. One tip that I have when planning a long vacation that involves young children is to allow for down time. Kids need good food, naps and time to play. I tried not to structure every single moment of our day so that we could allow for some spontaneous fun along the way.

There is a lot of planning that went into our Walt Disney World Vacation but every moment was worth it. I wanted to make memories that would last a lifetime. I made sure to take lots of pictures so that I could capture the moments for my daughter also.

If you are wanting to plan a family getaway to Walt Disney World, there are many websites and blogs that will help you out. All you have to do is google "Walt Disney World" and the information will be at your fingertips!

Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Alamo blogging program, for a gift card worth $50. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments: