Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Coca-Cola And Good Times

I am a member of SocialMoms and they have teamed up with Coca-Cola to introduce a fun new blogging program that invited me to share a classic family recipe or a fond family memory that was inspired by Coca-Cola and mealtime with you. You may read more about that request here.

Spring is finally here and that means that Summer time is soon to follow! The warm changes in the weather bring more fun outdoor family events to me and my family. I also love spring because the flowers are begining to bloom and the Earth is awake again after sleeping all Winter.

My family and I love to go to the park and play for a few hours when the weather is nice on the weekends. While we are there enjoying our day, we always plan for a picnic lunch. We make sure to bring an ice chest full of Coca-Cola products and good food along with us.

My favorite mealtime memories with food and Coca-Cola seem to take place at the park. My daughter's birthday is June 29. Last summer we had her birthday party at the local park and swimming pool. We invited all of our family and many of her school friends to join us for a day of celebration and fun. We grilled hot dogs, served chips, cake and Coca-Cola drinks. After lunch, my daughter opened her gifts quickly so that we could all go to the pool for a nice swim. This was a fun family event that will not be forgotten. My daugther enjoyed her party so much that she wants to have her next birthday party at the park and swimming pool.

My children are ages 6 and 11. We enjoy spending outdoor time at the park, baseball field, zoo, or even in our own back yard. Where ever you go, remember to take along a cooler full of good foods and drinks. It's important to stay hydrated and to keep our bodies nurished.

I am always looking for ways to make recipies healthier and lower in fat. I normally use apple sauce as a substitute for oil in my cake and cookie recipes. I once tried that in brownies and it didn't taste so good. After that fail I went in search of another way to make no fat brownies. I found a recipe for "Diet Coke Brownies" that I would like to share with you.

Ingredients
1 Package Duncan Hines Traditional Brownie Mix
1 12oz Can of Diet Coke

Directions
Simply mix the brownie mix and Diet Coke together using a beater or wisk until it is well blended. Pour the mixture into 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 pan and bake according to the directions on the box, or until a toothpick comes out clean. This makes cake type brownies that are both yummy and better for you.

Here's to good food, good times, and lots of good family memories!

Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Coca-Cola® blogging program. If I am one of the first 100 blogs received by SocialsMoms, I will receive a $25 gift card. For more information on the program, click here.

1 comment:

Shannon's Tales of Motherhood said...

I never tryed diet coke with brownies,thanks for sharing your recipe,I will have to try it!