Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Little Switches That Make A Difference

I am a member of Social Moms and they have teamed up with Cottonelle to introduce a fun, new blogging program that asks me to share the little switches that make a difference in my personal relationship with my husband.

Even the best romantic relationships can get a little stale. Cottonelle brand wants me to show how little switches at home can make all the difference in my life and relationship with my husband.

I have been with my husband for 15 years now. We have been married for 11.5 of those years. I will be the first to tell you that time does fly by quickly. When I find us tiring of our normal daily routine, I try to change things up a bit and add a little spice. I like to keep things fresh and exciting for my home life so that my husband doesn't decide to turn me in for two twenties!

Normally I only curl my hair for when I am going out of the house on a shopping trip or for an appointment. I am going to try to get in a routine of styling my hair on a daily basis. I know that when I look good, I feel good and my good mood will reflect on those around me. I know that my husband notices when I dress differently or make myself up. I think that he will appreciate my effort. I won't tell him that I am doing this for his sake but I am doing this just for him.

After the kids go to bed, my normal routine is to turn on the computer and find my facebook friends who are online and chat with them. Tonight I am going to turn off the computer when my husband comes home from work and sit with him while he unwinds and watches television. He likes to watch tv shows that I don't really enjoy but I will enjoy the time spent with him. He may wonder what is up but I think he will enjoy our time together too.

It has been a long time since my husband and I have had a date night. I just may call the inlaws and see what they are doing this weekend. My inlaws enjoy spending time with our children and I would love some "alone time" with my husband. We truly enjoy our children and the time spent together as a family but we do need a little time to regroup and to get back on the romance track.

I find that when my husband and I are on the same page and getting along in the bedroom, we tend to get a long better as a family too. As a family, we usually thrive on a structured routine but baby, it's time to shake things up a bit! Momma needs daddy to need her too!

If you are married or invoved in a romantic relationship I would for you to share your tips for staying romantic with me.

Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Cottonelle blogging program, for a gift card worth $25. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments: