Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Verizon FiOS

I am a member of socialmoms and they have teamed up with Verizon FiOS for this fun blogging opportunity. You may read more about that request here.

Verizon FiOS is a bundled home communications package that includes internet, telephone, and television service. Verizon FiOs operates over a fiber-optic communications network. Verizon has attracted both consumer and media attention in the area of broadband Internet access as the first major U.S. carrier to offer fiber-optic communications to the home premises. They have received top ratings from Consumer Reports among cable television and Internet service providers.

I love that Verizon FiOs is more weather resistant and more durable than the copper phone lines or coaxial cable. Their advanced fiber optic technology allows my family to watch HDTV with less interruptions, pixelation, or weather interference than tradional services. This technology is important to my family. There isn't much worse than my daughter losing a station during her favorite show. Her inevitble cry of "mom the tv went out again" could be avoided with Verizon FiOs.

My family also would love Verizon FiOs because we would be better prepared for the future and for all of the new internet tools that will coming our way. The massive bandwidth of a 100% fiber-optic network connects directly to the home and would allow for super fast downloading of both shows and programs on our home computer. This would save us a lot of time and "Mom when will this finish downloading?" conversations. My reply of "honey, I honestly don't know how long it will take" can be replaced with a quick "see, it's already done." Now, wouldn't that be sweet!

I would love the Flex View portion of Verizon FiOs. With Flex View, you can buy, rent and watch on-demand video titles on your FiOS TV, on your computer or on your mobile phone. There are many times that I fall asleep during a movie at home and I would love to be able to finish watching it from my cell phone. I could also see Flex View being handy because my children will start watching a movie at home when I am getting ready to go somewhere. We will have to leave home before the show is over. Many arguments of "Mom, I am not finished watching that" could be saved with a nice little "here, you can finish watching it in the car on my cell phone." Plus the convenience of being able to DVR my favorite shows from the internet or my cell phone would rock too! That's technology!

According to the 2010 American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) Survey for the largest subscription TV service providers, Verizon FiOS TV was rated #1 in value, overall quality and customer loyalty. This rating gives me the assurance that Verizon FiOs is a tried and true, trusted product for my family. I feel that my family deserves the best and I am aching to give them the service of Verizon FiOs.

I also figure that if J.D. Power and Associates ranked FiOS the "Highest in Residential Television Service Satisfaction in the East Region," three years in a row, then it is good enough for my family. Don't you agree?

Disclosure: “I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Verizon FiOS blogging program for a gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

1 comment:

Shannon's Tales of Motherhood said...

Nice post! I agree Verizon FIOS TV is the best,It doesn't suprise me that it's rated #1 in value.

I'm hopping over here from Spotlight Saturday http://www.sjunkie.com/2011/05/spotlight-saturday-blog-hop-4.html/
Check out #54 and #55 I posted your blog in the spotlight!