Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Good News for Mommies With Squirmy Babies

I am a member of SocialMoms and they have teamed up with Huggies Little Movers Slip-On Diapers for this fun and informative blogging opportunity. You may read more about that request from SocialMoms here.

I am a mom of two children so I definitely understand how hard it is for a new mom to learn diaper a baby, much less trying to change a squirmy baby. Most babies like to see what is going on around them. My daugther, also known as
My Little Miss GoGo, always like to look for Bozo our family cat while I was trying to change her diaper and clothes. If she happened to catch a glimpse of Bozo she would be on the move, before her diaper was completely on and this could cause a mess. I had to learn to be a quick change artist or she would escape from me and the diaper. I tried using a changing table and setting up a crib mobile over the changing area. This worked for a week or so but the mobile soon lost her attention. I also tried putting a mirror on the wall beside the changing table and this didn't work long either. No matter what I tried, it didn't seem to hold her attention like Bozo did. I just had to learn to be quick and to do the best job possible. Fortunate for me, My Little Miss GoGo potty trained early and we made it through the squirmy baby diapering stages.

I have learned that Huggies has come to the rescue for moms and dads of squirmy babies. Even though changing a squirmy baby’s diaper can be a workout, the new Huggies Little Movers Slip-On Diapers make it easier to handle even the wiggliest of little ones. It's as easy as to catch, slip it on, and release! How great is that! I think that this product will be great for home use and away from home use as well. I would have loved to have been able to slip a Huggies Little Movers Slip-On Diaper on my kids when they were younger. I can see this being a very useful product especially when the diaper changings take place on the go. Most restaurants and stores have a restroom stall with a changing table but these new diapers are especially great for those places who do not have a working diaper changing station. This will eliminate any need to change a child on the floor of a business ever again. You can simply help your child step in to the diaper and pull it up. Your job is done! Your child will stay dry and there will be less fuss or tears. This should make both mom and baby happy!

Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Huggies blogging program, for a gift card worth $35. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments: