Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Ideas for Protecting a Family Nest

I am a member of SocialMoms and they have teamed up with All State Life Insurance for this informative blogging opportunity. You may read more about that request here.

Whether you are starting a new family or an experienced parent, we all know that protecting our family is our number one priority. We never know when the unexpected may come and it is good to be protected "just in case". This is when we start thinking about life insurance. These questions may come up: Where do I start? How much do I need? How much is too much? These are all valid questions and Allstate Insurance wants me to help educate my blog readers on the role and importance of life insurance along with my ideas and suggestions on protecting a family nest.

Prior to becomming an at home mom, I worked for an Insurance Company processing medical claims for 13 years. During these 13 years I was able to participate in their 401K program. This allowed me to put aside a set amount of pre-tax money each paycheck. I found that I didn't miss the extra money because it was safely deposited into my 401K before I even saw it. I enjoyed being able to watch my monthly contribution grow in to a pretty good sized nest egg. I knew that my money was safe and sound and that it would be there when I needed it. Even though I am no longer working, my money is still in my 401K and it is continuing to grow because of investments. I have comfort in getting the quarterly statement from the company. I also know that the money is there if my family ever needs it. My husband also works now and he is contributing to his 401K too. Along with his 401K he also sets aside money for his company stock and life insurance. I feel that these little ways of saving now, will definitely help us in the future.

While reading information given to me for this blog post, I have learned that Life Insurance is easier and more affordable than most people think. It can be as low as $20 a month in some cases. Experts say that a good rule of thumb is to insure 5 to 10 times your income. Life insurance will help cover the cost of your mortgage, medical & funeral expenses, continuing childcare, living expense and college tuition. Most people, like me, feel overwhelmed when they think about this type of stuff. Your local Allstate agent can talk you through your situation and help you plan for the future today. Allstate and their agents have been helping customers protect their families for over 50 years.

About Allstate Life Insurance:
The Allstate Corporation is the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer. Allstate is reinventing protection and retirement to help more than 17 million households insure what they have today and better prepare for tomorrow. Consumers access Allstate insurance products (auto, home, life and retirement) and services through Allstate agencies, independent agencies and Allstate Personal Financial Representatives in the U.S. and Canada, as well as via www.allstate.com and 1-800 Allstate®.

You may find more information on Allstate Life Insurance: http://www.allstate.com/
Allstate Life Insurance on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Allstate
Follow @allstate on Twitter

Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Allstate blogging program, for a gift card worth $50. For more information on how you can participate, click here.









3 comments:

Shannon's Tales of Motherhood said...

Great post Crystal!!! You have great information,I didn't know insurance could cover continued child care expenses!!
Thanks,
Shannon

Elsa Limbo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elsa Limbo said...

Fantastic comments . For my two cents , if anyone is searching for a IRS 1040-NR , my husband discovered a fillable form here http://goo.gl/51ynkO.