Sunday, September 18, 2011

Do You Know A Nail Biter?

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of nextstepinc for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.

I am a member of SocialSpark and they have teamed up with Control-It for this informative blogging opportunity.  My son is a nail biter so I have decided to share my story and this product with you.  Please continue to read our story and feel free to comment with your own nail biting stories if you have any.

My sons nail biting started when he was young.  He has always been a chewer of sorts and told me that he would bite his nails because he was hungry.  Now, I know that this was just his excuse because I do feed him but I didn't always notice when his finger nails needed to be clipped.  I think that his nail biting went unnoticed by me until I saw his cuticle chewing evidence.  That is when my heart stopped for a minute and I knew that I had to come up with a stop nail biting plan.  I have tried several methods to get him to quit nail biting and I have found one that finally has worked for us for now.  

My son is 11 and he loves to save his money.  This summer I started a Stop biting nails incentive for him.  I would pay him $1 for every finger nail that he would let grow and let me trim.  I will tell you that this plan has worked miracles for him.  He has made $50 in finger nail clippings from me since June.  He is doing so well with not biting his nails that I have told him that I have ran out of money and that he will have to pay me $1 for every nail that he bites.  He really didn't like this idea but I am really out of money.  Tonight will be the test., I will do a nail check to see how he's progressing.  If there are any chewed nails or cuticles then I will turn to Control-It.  It is definitely cheaper than my plan.

Control-It is a natural cream that uses a soothing-two pronged approach to ending the nail biting and thumb sucking cycle.  Control-It uses a blend of natural ingredients that when combined produces a bitter taste while it delivers vitamins and nutrients to your nails and cuticles.  These natural ingredients insure that the nails will heal quickly and without hang nails.  I have not tried Control-It yet but I may in the future. 

Disclosure:  This is a sponsored post written by me for Control-It and posted through SocialSpark.  The personal opinions are my own. 

        

Visit Sponsor's Site

3 comments:

Heidi R said...

My husband uses control-it and it works great for him. I have used it and I still bite my nails. Nothing seems to work on me unless I get fake ones!!

c allen said...

Thanks for the info Heidi! Sometimes our habits are bigger than we are.... At my son's nail check yesterday, he had done great. I was able to clip his nails but he did ask me if I could start a "savings" account for him and instead of paying him directly for his nails, I would be saving the money up for him until he wanted something at the store.... Smart kid, huh.

Shannon's Tales of Motherhood said...

I need this!! My nails are gone,I bite them down to the end and I'm not joking! I will be trying this a.s.a.p
Thanks for the post