Thursday, November 10, 2011

Introducing Weight Watchers Smart Ones Satisfying Selections

I am a member of SocialMoms and they have teamed up with Weight Watchers® Smart Ones® Satisfying Selections for this review opportunity. I am a weight conscious mom who likes to eat hot and healthy meals so I have decided to try the Weight Watchers Smart Ones Satisfying Selections for myself.

Although Weight Watchers Smart Ones Satisfying Selections were introduced to the market in August 2011, they are new to me. I was excited to learn that there are five flavors of the Satisfying Selections to try. Those flavor choices are Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo, Chicken with Broccoli & Cheese, Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry, Sesame Chicken, and Ziti with Meatballs & Cheese. I must say that all of these varieties sound mouth wateringly wonderful and it was a hard decision to just choose 2 flavors to try.

I decided to try the Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry Satisfying Selections first. I was pleased with the generous chunks of white meat chicken in this meal. They were very savory and tender. This hearty meal also came with brown rice and plenty of Asian-style vegetables that were marinated in Teriyaki sauce. Since there are only 9 Weight Watchers PointsPlus in this meal, I was able to enjoy this quick to prepare, healthy meal, without any guilt. Plus there were only 340 calories in my meal, 6 total fat grams and a whopping 25 grams of protein! This filling meal left me satisfied and tied over until bedtime.

My second Weight Watchers Smart Ones Satisfying Selections to try was the Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo. Again I was very pleased with the amount of white meat chicken that was included in this meal. There were plentiful chunks of broccoli and pasta covered in alfredo sauce too. I can appreciate that this hearty meal was only 300 calories, 8 PointsPlus Value, 4 grams of fat and yet had 28 grams of protein. I think that this meal was my favorite of the 2. I will definitely be buying this one again, soon!

While my meal was cooking, I looked at the bag of the Weight Watchers Smart Ones Satisfying Selections and noticed that this new line of Weight Watchers meals offers 30% larger portions than the other tray styled frozen meals. I found that these meals are complete and that they are designed to offer a satisfying lunch or dinner with less than 400 calories per serving. I also found that each serving only has 8 to 10 Weight Watchers PointsPlus and they have 25 grams or more of protein in each serving.

Overall, I am amazed by how easy these meals are to prepare and how delicious they taste. You may prepare them in the microwave or on the stove top in less than 10 minutes tops. I can see this being a quick to prepare, healthy meal that even Dad can make.

Disclosure: This post is part of a SocialMoms product evaluation, for which I’ve been selected. I’ve been compensated for my time with 6,000 My SocialMoms Rewards Points. The opinions expressed in this post are mine and don’t necessarily reflect the opinions of SocialMoms or Heinz.

No comments: