Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Gift Cards Make Great Gifts

I am a member of SocialMoms and they have teamed up with Gift Cards Rock for this great posting opportunity.

If you are like me then you are sure to have a few people on your gift list who are hard to buy for or seem to have everything. This is when I turn to the handy dandy gift card and use them as a gift. Personally, I like to give gift cards because the recipient can then choose what they would like to get with the money and you are able to please them and stay on budget at the same time. For one thing, gift cards are a perfect "one size fits all" gift. You don't have to worry about it being the right color, style or size. The only thing that you might think about is what type of gift card to give them. Would you like to send the recipient to the store on a shopping trip or out to eat for a nice meal out? I love to cook but I really do appreciate a restaurant gift card. To me, this means no cooking, no cleaning up and no mess. I simply get to enjoy my meal and relax while someone else caters to me, and to me, that's priceless when you are "the mom".

Gift cards are my favorite gift to receive. When I receive gift cards, I tend to save them for a rainy day and use them for something special that is just for me. Gift cards are small and easy to tuck away until they are needed. I like to give gift cards in Christmas stockings or in a gift card. Once I even gave my mom a gift card that was attached to a card on a miniature rose bush. The gift card was for Mother's Day and she was able to use it to buy her spring flowers and gardening equipment for the outside of her home that year.

To me gift cards are a way of saying "I really do want you to be happy with your gift so I am letting you choose it for yourself." Gift cards can be personalized when you put them in with a heart felt note inside of a greeting card. I like to write the dollar amount on the gift cards that I give. This may seem a little impersonal but I like the recipient to know exactly what they have in their hand, before they get to the check out.

Either way you go, whether you choose to give a restaurant gift card or a shopping gift card, I believe that your gift will be appreciated and used on something that won't be returned back to the store.

Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Gift Cards Rock blogging program, for 6,000 My SocialMoms Rewards Points. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments: