Thursday, June 30, 2011
Not only am I a mom, but I am also a diabetic. I am very conscious of the amount of sugar that my whole family consumes. I constantly weight the amount of sugar and carbs in everything that we eat so I can honestly appreciate the new Sugar Free Ring Pops. These are a treat that my whole family can enjoy, guilt free! The long-lasting Sugar Free Ring Pops are fat free, tooth-friendly, and only contains 30 calories per pop with zero net carbs. They are also fun to wear and enjoy. I like that the ring pops will stay on my children's finger and it keeps them from dropping it. How awesome is that! A fun to eat candy treat that is also a fashion statement. Win Win for us!
I love that each bag of Sugar Free Ring Pops has 3 assorted flavor pops in them so that you can try all three flavors - Blue Raspberry, Strawberry, and Watermelon - in one bag. My family and I received 4 bags of Sugar Free Ring Pops for this review. There are 3 ring pops in each bag and that allowed all 4 of us to try each flavor. My daughter is 7 and her favorite flavor was the watermelon. My son enjoyed the blue raspberry the most and mine and my husbands favorite was watermelon. This was a fun review for all of us. I can see us enjoying Sugar Free Ring Pops on road trips and for party favors. They are also a great treat in the summer because they don't melt like chocolate does. You may look for Sugar Free Ring Pop at Walmart and BJ's stores nationwide. Sugar Free Ring Pops are also available at Amazon.com and ShopTopps.com. For even more info, be sure to check out the Ring Pop Facebook fan page.
Giveaway Time! There will be 5 winners for this giveaway. You may enter to win 1 package of Sugar Free Ring Pops to try for yourself. To make this giveaway run smoothly for me and for you, I will only be allowing 1 entry per person. This will help me when choosing a winner since there will only be 1 prize allowed per person. This will allow 5 different winners to try Sugar Free Ring Pops for themself. Yay!
Only 1 entry per person:
Please follow my blog publicly with google friends connect AND tell me which flavor of Sugar Free Ring Pops that you would like to try the most. Please include your email address in the comment so that I may contact you if you are a lucky winner. Open to the U.S. only.
Thank you for visiting my blog! This giveaway will end on July the 10th, 2011 at 11:59 pm central time. I will choose 5 winners shortly after that and notify them by email. The winners will have 48 hours to respond to the winning email notification. If they fail to claim the prize in that time frame then I will choose another winner.
Disclosure: I have received 4 bags of Sugar Free Ring Pops so that I may provide an honest review. The opinions are my own.
Monday, June 20, 2011
I am a member of social spark and they have teamed up with the collection for this fun and informative blogging opportunity.
If you are like me, this will be your first time to hear about the collection and may be wondering exactly what this is. The collection is a new app that is available for the iPad that is produced monthly. This monthly appazine will explore globally relevant topics that will challenge their audience while using ground breaking innovation in a highly inter-active design. This new app should be uniquely compelling and entertaining and unlike anything that you have used before.
The collection will allow you to stay up to date with the current events around the world. Their first issue was dedicated to Prince William and the Royal Wedding. This month, the collection is exploring The Global Baby with the wonders of fertility and struggles of infertility. You will be able to learn about an American couple who is on a journey to extend their own family. In each monthly issue of the collection you will be able to take an in depth look at a dedicated topic from different angles using all media that is available to the iPad. The topics will be of global relevance and up to date also.
The collection could help me stay up to date on current events. I don't always have time for the nightly news broadcast but I would be able to enjoy a monthly appazine on my iPad. This would help me to be educated on current topics should one arise in conversation. I would be educated in a fun and entertaining way and that makes me more willing to learn. You may download the collection app from the app store if you would like to see how it will help you to learn about current events too.
Thursday, June 16, 2011
I am a member of the One2One Network and they have teamed up with AMF for this fun blogging opportunity.
Are you looking for fun and inexpensive ways to keep your family active this summer? If so, be sure to check out the AMF Summer Unplugged promotion. With this promotion that started on May 30 and ends on September 5, kids 16 and under may bowl two free games of bowling per day at select AMF centers (shoe rental is not included). You may use the AMF Summer Unplugged promotion from open until 8:00PM, 7 days a week.
You may go to http://bit.ly/AMFfree to select a participating center and complete a simple registration form. The free game coupons will be emailed to you every Sunday starting May 29 for the following week – it’s that easy!
For families of registered kids, the 17 years old and older bowlers may pay a one-time payment of $27.95 which buys 2 games of bowling per day for 4 people all summer long – it’s the AMF Summer 17 Plus Pass. This is less than $7 per person for 2 games everyday all summer. It is available online at http://bit.ly/AMFfree
While you are bowling you may enjoy a kids combo meal all summer for $2.99. There will also be a pin decorating contest where the pin with the most votes on Facebook in each of 4 age divisions wins a $2500 scholarship prize. AMF donates 25 cents per vote up to $10,000 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure®. Be sure to also check your local AMF schedule of learn-to-bowl and fun competitive sessions.
Disclosure: I am a One2One Network member and I am eligible to participate in a prize drawing for sharing this information with my readers.
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
I am a member of Social Spark and they have teamed up with Walgreens for this Walgreens Brand Health & Wellness Products review.
As you may know, I am an at home mom of 2 school aged children. My main jobs are to balance my families income while keeping my family safe and healthy at the same time. I have found that by shopping for store brand products, such as Walgreens, that I can save my family money as well as provide them with high quality health and wellness products at the same time. Walgreens Brand Health and Wellness Products are a great value. They allow both families and individuals to save money without sacrificing quality or trust. Saving money on over the counter medications can really benefit our budget.
I regularly purchase my first aid items at Walgreens. My children tend to use a lot of adhesive bandages so I stock up on them on Walgreens. I like to use the Walgreens Antibacterial Sheer Adhesive Bandages. I buy the 20 count that comes in assorted sizes because I never know if the booboo will be big or small but I do know that these bandages will help the wound to heal. I like that these antibacterial bandages seal on all sides and that they help to prevent infection. The best part about these bandages is that they are non-stick and do not hurt when they are removed. I paid $2.99 for my bandages and the peace of mind that they provide to me is priceless.
Did you know that Walgreens Brand Health & Wellness Products are pharmacist recommended? Most of these items contain the actual same ingredients as other national brands. The Walgreens Brand Health and Wellness Products are also 100% guaranteed. You may visit the Walgreens website to learn more about the Walgreens Brand Health & Wellness Products. There are several bloggers giving away some Walgreens Gift Cards in giveaways also. The purchase of every Walgreens Brand Health & Wellness Products supports bringing preventive wellness services to local communities through the Walgreens Way to Well Fund™.
Sunday, June 12, 2011
Disclosure: This post is not sponsored or paid by any means. I am doing this as a favor for a friend.
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
My Cascade Complete 24 Hour Challenge Giveaway ended on 06/05/11. We had 61 entries and randomizer chose # 60 as our lucky winner. They have been emailed and have 48 hours to claim their prize.
Thank you to everyone who took the time out to enter this giveaway that was sponsored by myblogspark and Cascade Complete.
Friday, June 3, 2011
I am a member of tomoson.com and they have made my review of Scott's Liquid Gold Wood Cleaner & Preservative and Scott's Liquid Gold Wood Wash Concentrate possible.
We bought an older home this past August. Our new home is has 3266 square feet but it is also 34 years old. Along with our much larger home came a very retro kitchen. We have moss green counter tops and dark, real wood cabinets. Instead of doing a costly kitchen make over, we have decided to embrace our kitchen as it is and to freshen our cabinets instead of replacing them.
I was glad to have been offered this review of Scott's Liquid Gold products. I was able to try it for my self to see if I could bring my drab cabinets up to the fab that they once were years ago. Scott's Liquid Gold is easy to use. I used a clean lint free cloth to put my Scott's Liquid Gold Wood Wash Concentrate on and I rubbed it on my cabinet door. While I let it sit 15 minutes, I took a small brush and cleaned the engraved wood pattern and metal handles with the Liquid Gold. After my 15 minutes was up, I used my cloth to wipe down the cabinet door, making sure that I buffed out any spots that needed extra attention and I also made so to not leave any residue of my Liquid Gold product behind. My finished product was a beautiful set of cabinets that look fabulous! Retro and all.
You may know that Scott's Liquid Gold is best known for its amazing ability to clean and restore natural wood. But did you know that it's also great for fixing squeaky hinges, shining metal, cleaning porcelain, vinyl and so much more? Liquid Gold began in the garage of a widowed single mother of three boys. She must have done a lot of cleaning. Manufactured in Denver, Colorado, Scott's Liquid Gold is still made with natural organic oils. It works as well today as it did 60 years ago! What could you use Scott's Liquid Gold on in your home?
Scott’s Liquid Gold is on facebook and twitter.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com created by WebBizIdeas.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
My family and I enjoy traveling. The truth is that we must travel to go anywhere. We live in a tiny town of 1,200 people and our only store is Dollar General. I love Dollar General but in order to get fresh groceries we must travel 30 miles one way. To keep my family safe, I have an automatic check list that we mentally go over every time we step towards our car.
1. Check your vehicle tires: My grandpa taught me to always check my tires and to make sure that they are properly inflated and have good tread on them. A low or bald tire will cause driving issues and a flat tire can be a nightmare on the road side. In case of an emergency, make sure that you have a spare tire that is in driving condition in your vehicle. While I like to avoid having to use a spare, I have peace of mind knowing that it is there if I happen to need it.
2. Check your windshield wipers: Make sure that your wiper blades are working properly. You never know when it might rain and poor blades can cause visibility issues during a rain shower.
3. Check your windshield for chips: A windshield chip could easily turn into a crack at any time. This often happens when you are least expecting it. Windshield repair is often a safe and economical alternative to a full windshield replacement. With many insurance companies, there is no deductible for the repair. I am told that scheduling a windshield chip repair is easy! Companies like Safelite AutoGlass provide mobile service – wherever your car is – often within 24 hours of your initial call.
4. Check your vehicle gauges: I always check my car gauges when I start up my car. I make sure that I have plenty of gas and that the check engine lights are not lit up. I let the car warm for a few minutes so that I may check the oil gauges also.
5. Check your childs car seat: My daughter is only 6 and weights 45 pounds. She is still in a car seat. I make sure that her car seat is fitted securely and buckled in in her spot in our car. I check the shoulder straps to make sure that they fit snuggly but not too tight. I want my daughter to be both safe and comfortable.
6. Buckle up! This is my number one safety rule for everyone. Driver, passenger, front seat and even back seat riders all need to buckle up. In Texas, this is the law but regardless of what state I am driving in, I will buckle up. To me, this is a no brainer. Protect those that you love. Safety first.
7. Turn the radio down: I like to listen to the radio in the car but I keep it at a low volume especially if I have passengers in the car. I like to be able to hear them talk and I don't want them to have to shout over the volume of the radio. A low volume radio also allows me to be more aware of my driving surroundings too. I can hear cars honk or sirens blow if needed.
8. Vehicle Stickers: Make sure that your vehicle inspection sticker and state tags are in date. I sure don't want to have to pay a huge fine for not paying attention to this major detail.
9. Scheduled vehicle services: Make sure that you maintain the regularly scheduled maintenance duties that your car requires. If you treat your car nicely and provide oil, water, gas, washer fluid, etc, your car should last a long time.
10. Pull over or talk hands free: If you have a cell phone and you receive a phone call, be sure to pull over or use your hands free device for answering your call. This is important. Please don't text and drive. I make sure that my cell phone is turned off when I get in the car. I don't want to reach and grab it out of habit and cause an accident.
Summer is a fun time for familes. It means family vacations, reunions and day trips. Remember that safety is importatant. Please be sure to follow the speed limit and warning signs that are posted for our safety. A traffic ticket can sure spoil an adventure.
Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Safelite blogging program, for a gift card worth $30. For more information on how you can participate, click here.