Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Esurance Insures Safe Drivers

I am a member of socialmoms and they have teamed up with Esurance for this fun and informative blogging program. You may read more about that request here.

I am a mom who is always on the go. I drive my children to school and pick them up daily. I also take them to sporting events and we often travel to the stores that are 30 miles away from home a few times a week. I am a very cautious driver and do my best to avoid accidents, especially when my children are with me in the car. This is why I have found the information from Esurance so important and I have decided to help pass it on to you.

I am happy to have found out that Esurance, an Allstate Insurance, has a blog that has driving tips for moms who want to drive safely. On the esuranceblog you will find some of the following tips that maybe you can put in place while you are driving too.

1. Buckle up: My children are 7 and 12 years old now and they have never ridden in a car with me, with out a seat belt on. It is best to always buckle your seat belt before you even start your car engine. For me this is a habit and I also make sure that my passengers are buckled up too.

I remember that when I was a child seat belts were an option and sometimes they weren't even installed in a car. Well now it's 2012 and we don't have any excuses to not buckle up. It's the law, at least in Texas. The last few cars that I have owned even have a little seat belt light on the dashboard and an annoying bell will ding continuously if a seat belt isn't buckled correctly. So let's all buckle up for safety and avoid any unnecessary traffic tickets.

2. Drive the speed limit: I am cautious when I drive and I try to obey all speed limit signs. I watch for flashing lights that may signal that either a school zone or work area is ahead. If I happen to be driving with my GPS, I will pay attention to it also. Not only does my GPS give me driving directions but it will tell me the speed limit that I am traveling and it will notify me of the speed limit in the area that I am traveling in. If I happen to go over the speed limit, my speed on there will turn red and flash, signaling me to slow down.

3. Take caution to the weather while you are driving: If you are driving in less than desirable conditions, you will want to slow down and watch the roads. If it is raining and the roads are wet then I always turn off my cruise control. I don't want to hydroplane and cause an accident. I also find that my stress level also reduces as I reduce my speed in bad weather. I seem to turn off the radio and stay more alert to the road conditions.

4. Take a defensive driving class: Not only will be learn the most up to date driving safety techniques but you may also get a discount on your car insurance after you complete the course. You may be able to find a local defensive driving class in your town or online. A few hours taking this class, could save you and your loved ones their life.

5. Be sure to keep your distance from other cars at safe range: I find that if I am following too close to another car they may stop or turn suddenly and I am left with very little time to react. I like to leave several car lengths in distance between me and them so that I can avoid an accident.

You may check out the esurance blog if you find these tips helpful. Esurance is also on facebook. Here you can get a quick auto insurance quote for free. You may also read about the experiences that others have with Esurance also. I am told that you will find both good and negative customer responses on their facebook page. Even negative feedback will be left on the page as long as it is compliance with the page’s Wall Etiquette, contributes to the conversation and provides Esurance with an opportunity to learn how to improve their products and service.

Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Esurance blogging program for 8,000 My SocialMoms Rewards Points. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments: