Sunday, June 24, 2012

Snack Time With Udi’s Gluten Free Foods


Are you or someone you know living a gluten free life?  Or maybe you are trying to find healthy food and snack alternatives?  Either way, you are in luck!  I have been asked to share Udi’s Gluten Free Foods with you and I am amazed at the products that they have available.

Did you know that Udi’s Gluten Free Foods is the #1 gluten free baked goods brand?  They revolutionized this category when they introduced the very first gluten-free bread that actually tasted and looked like “real” bread.  Not only does Udi’s Gluten Free Foods make bread, but they also make bagels, buns, granola, cookies, muffins and cinnamon rolls, pizza and crust, brownies and muffin tops.  Yum!  Need I say more?


I have been sent 4 flavors of  Udi’s Gluten Free Foods granola to try:  Vanilla, Original, Cranberry and Au Naturel.  Each flavor is gluten free, dairy free, soy free and egg free.  The Au Naturel is even nut free. 



My first impression was that the bags are of very generous size.  They are 12 oz each and come with a re-closeable zipper top.  This is very innovative and will allow me to store the open bags easily.  I can be assured that my products will be fresh the next time that I want to use them.

The Cranberry Granola was my favorite of the granola products.  I love how the slow baked, hand turned granola stays separate in the bag.  Even though it is coated with wildflower honey, the certified gluten free oats do not stick together.  The dried cranberries and walnuts added a nice touch to this delicious granola.   I will be adding this to my salads and yogurt soon.

The Au Natural Granola is very tasty and simple.  It only has 3 ingredients in it and I can definitely pronounce each one:  certified gluten free oats, wildflower honey and canola oil.  This granola is very light and crunchy.  I will be trying this in the daily recipes that are on the Udi's website.

If you are looking for a heartier granola then Udi's Original Granola is for you!  It combines the certified gluten free oats with wildflower honey, raisins, banana chips, walnuts, cashews, almonds and pistachios for a hearty and satisfying crunch.  

Last but not least is the Vanilla Granola.  It is made with certified gluten free oats, wildflower honey, canola oil, almonds and vanilla.  I will be enjoying the Vanilla Granola with my morning yogurt for weeks to come.  The 12 oz bag will provide eleven 1/4 cup servings and it will compliment any flavor of yogurt nicely.


Udi's takes pride in making gluten free be delicious.  I can appreciate that Udi's products contain no artificial ingredients and very few preservatives.  Also while participating in this review, I have found that gluten free snacking doesn't have to be boring or bland.  I like that Udi's has such a wide variety of gluten foods and that would make gluten free eating easier since you have so many products to choose from.

Udi’s Gluten Free Foods are now 150 Wal-Mart stores across the country! To see if there is a Walmart near you that carries Udi’s, enter your zip code into their store locator. 

Disclosure:  I have been sent a free product from Udi's Gluten Free Foods so that I may provide an honest review of their product.  The opinions are my own.  No other compensation was exchanged.  
        

4 comments:

MammaNatty said...

They all sound delicious but I think I would like to try the original best, or at least first lol. Great post Crystal!

Cristi said...

They all sound great to me! I think I would like the Au Natural because I would want to mix in some of my own stuff and make it like a little trail mix. Great review! Thanks!

c allen said...

I am with you both! They are all good and I will be adding dry cereal to make a trail mix too. This will be great for on the go snacks in the car also.

Jason said...

Nice informative blog, thanks for sharing.