Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Think Mrs. Cubbison's For Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving will be here before we know it and one of my favorite traditions is enjoying Thanksgiving lunch with my family. We usually have turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn, green beans, sweet potatoes and plenty of desserts for our meal. My mom is normally the main cook for this dinner but this year I have offered to bring the stuffing. I will be taking a dish made from Mrs. Cubbison's Seasoned Dressing.



Easy To Bake Stuffing Casserole:

Ingredients:

1 6-ounce packages of Mrs. Cubbison's Classic Seasoned Dressing
1 stick of melted margarine
3/4 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup chicken broth

This recipe was very easy to make and it taste great too.  I preheat our oven to 350°F, then combine the dressing mix with the chopped vegetables.  Next I stir in the chicken broth and melted butter in slowly. After this step, I spoon the mixture into a greased casserole dish and cover it with foil.  I bake the stuffing casserole dish on the middle rack of the oven at 350°F for 30 minutes. Last, I remove the cover and bake the dish another 5 to 10 minutes so that the top of the casserole will brown and crisp just a bit.  I have made this recipe before and I must say that it is a hit!


While reviewing the results from Mrs. Cubbison's "Thanksgiving Across America" Survey, I found that our family is like most other families who participated in their survey.  The survey results show that Thanksgiving is the 2nd most popular holiday among all of the survey takers, while Christmas came in first.  I also learned that like me, most people are the most thankful for their family and that they enjoy turkey first on Thanksgiving and stuffing was second followed by mashed potatoes!  If you noticed, our Thanksgiving Day menu contains these exact 3 items!  I think that it's pretty cool that most people who took this survey will be eating the same menu on the same day, all in different places.   If you would like to find out more about things you may have in common with others, you may see the actual results of the survey online. You may find out more about Mrs. Cubbison's on facebook and even get Thanksgiving Tips too!

What is on your Thanksgiving menu?  I would love to know. 

Disclosure:  I was sent a sample product so that I may prepare the recipe above.  All opinions are my own.  No other compensation was exchanged. 

No comments: